Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Tis the season to enjoy pumpkin so why not try this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie? Perfect for a pre- or post-workout snack, it will nourish your body with the carbohydrates and hydration that it needs. If you want to make it more suitable for breakfast, add a scoop of your favorite protein powder (vanilla would be great) and adjust the milk as necessary.
- ½ cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups almond milk, or your milk of choice
- ½ large frozen banana
- 2 ice cubes
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup, start with one and add more if necessary
- ¼ cup oats, gluten-free if preferred
- 1 tbsp chia seeds½ tsp vanilla extract½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
Put all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.