If you’re looking for a breakfast idea that packs a nutritional punch this chia porridge is an excellent idea. The omega 3 fatty acid content and complete amino acid profile of chia, as well as their high fiber content, makes them incredibly nourishing and satisfying. This recipe also contains a generous serving of antioxidants with a handful each of goji berries, blueberries, and cacao nibs as well as superfood maca for hormone regulation. Breakfast doesn’t get much better than this!
- 1 cup dry chia seeds
- 3 cups fresh hemp milk
- 5 tablespoons coconut palm nectar, yacon syrup or agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 2 fresh vanilla beans, scraped
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup Goji berries, soaked 10 minutes & drained
- ¼ cup organic blueberries
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 1 ripe large banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder (optional)
In a mixing bowl, combine the dry chia seeds and hemp milk. Stir vigorously to cover all the chia seeds with milk. Stir every 5 minutes to prevent clumping. Add all remaining ingredients and stir until well incorporated. The porridge will thicken and reach its maximum volume in 15-20 minutes. Keeps for up to 5 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
Recipe Courtesy of Raw Food Recipes, found here